Friday, June 5, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This past Memorial Day Weekend my brother invited us up to his wife's family cabin. It was so nice. It was rainy and cool and I had to wear a jacket all the time. Of course, anybody that knows me knows that I get cold easily. I forgot to pack a jacket and so I had to borrow one. Thankfully I remembered to pack warm clothes for the kids.
Ella really loved the hammock. The kids liked to push each other in it.


I think that Ella looks older in this picture. I don't know what it is, but she just looks different.


Here I am with the kids roasting marshmallows. I have great memories of camping with my family and roasting marshmallows. I was suppose to be on a diet that weekend but I did a lot of cheating.


In Showlow there is this really nice park that has a lake in the middle of it and there is a paved path that goes all the way around. We all walked around the lake and the kids got to see some birds and even a snake.

3 comments:

Smith Family said...

Looks like fun! It was so cold when we went up north. I can't believe how cold it gets at night. I was thinking about migrating for the summer:)

Laurel said...

Hi Rebeccah, this is Aunt Laurel & I just want you to know what adorable kids that you & Jamie have. Since I live in Utah & never get to see anyone reading blogs kind of keeps me up todate on everyone. I love Show Low, have many fond memories of that place growing up. Hope all is well with all of you.

Laurel said...

PS - I can't believe how much Jamie reminds me of Dennis, just looking at that picture of all of you is a very young Dennis!